Dear Valued Patients,
As we continue to navigate through this ever evolving situation concerning COVID-19, we assure you that we are doing all we can to continue to provide top-quality care in a safe and protected environment. With the state issued public health order that suspended elective dental procedures being lifted as of April 21st, we are pleased to continue care for our wonderful patients.
In order to move forward safely as a dental office and as a community, there have been new protocols instituted by our office as well as the Utah Department of Health. PLEASE READ THROUGH THEM. For the safety of our patients as well as our staff, the following protocol will be in place and effective immediately:
- IF YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER EXPERIENCE ANY SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS OF A COLD OR FLU, we ask that you reschedule your appointment
- Come alone to appointments if able; no more than one healthy individual to accompany each patient
- Remain in vehicles until appointment time in order to reduce time in waiting room and prevent extended contact
- If able to wear a mask, we request that you do so
- There are restrooms in the hallway; we ask that you take the time to wash your hands for 20 seconds
- Individuals will be screened by taking the individual’s temperature and administering a questionnaire regarding COVID-19 symptoms experienced by the individual or a member of the individual’s residence
We at South Temple Dental will also be taking additional precautions in order to create a safe environment for our patients. Along with increasing personal protective equipment, patients will be immediately taken back to their room to eliminate interaction with others. Each room will be deeply cleaned between patients with hospital grade disinfectants and sterilizers as well as UV lights and hepa air purifiers. After each patient, the room will be allowed to air out for a minimum of one hour. We will also be taking additional measures to prevent the production of aerosols and will be asking you to rinse with a mouthwash before treatment in order to reduce the chance of aerosols carrying infection.
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to evolve, we will continue to adapt and implement all necessary measures and precautions in order to ensure a safe environment for all. As new information becomes readily available, these protocols may remain in place or become obsolete. We will do our best to keep our patients informed and prepared as your safety and that of your family is our priority.
We are thankful for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We are grateful for our loyal patients here at South Temple Dental. May we all do what we can in order to protect those around us as we continue to move forward together.
Dr. Spencer Updike and staff